Modular Mini-PC: Passively cooled, robust and more flexible than ever
The RUGGED-series from spo-comm surpasses itself with its latest edition. The Mini-PC we are talking about was named spo-book RUGGED Q170 and allows, for the very first time in the spocomm history, to expand the panel-interface with only a few steps. Thanks to an optional LAN module, four LAN ports can be expanded to eight LAN ports, making them the perfect solution even for complex network applications.
New chances in the surveillance sector
With the help of PoE (Power over Ethernet) it is possible to supply the four modularly expandable LAN ports with electricity. This feature benefits the security sector in particular. For instance, up to eight surveillance cameras can be controlled by just a single Mini-PC. The spo-book RUGGED Q170 is suitable in many ways, whether you want to install it in the subway, in the area of facility security or at an airport.
Ideal mini PC for outdoor use
Like its predecessors the spo-book RUGGED Q170 can easily cope with the extended temperature range. This covers a span of -40° Celsius to 70° Celsius. In addition, both the passive cooling system and the solid and robust metal housing of the industrial mini PC ensures that the inside of the computer stays untouched by air humidity or dust particles.
NEW: RUGGED Q170 goes vehicle computing
In addition to the modular LAN extension, the spo-book RUGGED Q170 sets new standards in usage of small PCs. Thanks to its wide-range input (9 – 36 Volts), the Mini-PC can absorb surges and can thus be used in vehicles. Like the spo-book MOVE series, the spo-book RUGGED Q170 is vibration and shock tested according to the American military standard.
If you do not want to rely on just one network provider, you can use the spo-book RUGGED Q170 to implement a multi SIM card. Thus, a broad network spectrum ensures that the industrial PC is always connected to a network.
Two Display Ports and a VGA connection allow independent image output on up to three monitors. Furthermore, thanks to the Intel® HD Graphics 530 and the two Display Ports,even an output of 2 x 4K@60Hz is possible and is therefore an interesting solution for the area of (outdoor) digital signage.
Highlights and technical data at a glance:
- CPU: Intel® Core i5-6500TE Skylake 4 x 2,3 GHz, up to 3,3 GHz
- GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 530
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 250 x 55 x 150 mm
- RAM: up to 32 GB SO-DDR IV RAM
- SATA: 2 x 2.5‘‘ SATA III HDD oder SSD und 1 x SATA DOM
- RAID 0 and 1 support
- Modular expandable (currently additionally 4x GbE possible)
- Max. resolution (DisplayPort): 4096×2304@60Hz
- Independent image output on up to three monitors
- Robust, fanless metal housing
- 9 – 36 V DC wide range input
- Wide range temperature: -40°C to +70°C
- Wall mount
- 4 x USB 3.0
- 4 x COM RS-232/422/485
- 4 x Intel Gigabit LAN (optionally expandable to 8)
- 1 x Line-out and 1 x Mic-in (Line-in optional)
- Expansion-Bus: 3 x Full and 1 x Half Mini-PCIe Slot (2 x SIMCard socket for 3G/LTE)
- 8 x GPI and 4 x GPO connector w/1.5KVrms isolation
- FES Extension: PCI-E, USB, SMBus, GPIO and SATA
- 1 x VGA
- 2 x DisplayPort
- 1 x Remoteswitch
- 1 x Phoenix-Connector
- Wireless internet access
- Internal battery for up to 10 minutes emergency operation
spo-comm offers Mini-PC solutions for industry and trade in Germany and Europe with special
expertise for digital signage. The company was founded in 2003 by its CEO is Michael Sporrer.
The Mini-PC specialist offers a wide range portfolio from hardware, software and services up to
complete supply chain management – always with a perfect fit. Thanks to the great customer
support and technical teams spo-comm carefully meets the customer’s requirements. spo-comm has a dense network of hardware partners, and is the most important of MSI IPC partners in Europe.
Telefon: +49 (911) 239837-0
Telefax: +49 (911) 239837-19
Telefon: +49 (911) 239837-12