Taking place from 20 to 21 June 2018 in Cologne, in one of the central hubs of Germany’s chemical industry, Chemspec Europe 2018 will once again present the full spectrum of custom, fine and speciality chemicals for many different applications and industries, including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, polymers, additives, advanced intermediates, food and feed, oil and gas mining, pigments, dyes, electronics, fragrances, household chemicals, bio-based chemicals and many more. The broad exhibition portfolio is completed by a range of analytical, production and processing equipment, as well as regulatory services and products.
In this complex and competitive market, Chemspec Europe offers a highly diversified yet specialised business platform that allows purchasing, sourcing, R&D and process management professionals to get hold of innovative solutions, products and services. The coming event will feature some 300 suppliers from 27 different countries, with the majority of exhibitors coming from Germany, plus a substantial European line-up headed by the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic and Spain. The USA and various Asian countries will also show a strong presence, with India and China being Asia’s most prominent participants.
New Partnering Programme to create smart networking opportunities
Promoting networking has always been a major part of Chemspec Europe. At this year’s show, visitors have the opportunity to use a new matchmaking service, the Chemspec Europe 2018 Partnering Programme, to connect and do business with people of complementary interests. A compatibility function will help attendees find the perfect match and organise private meetings in dedicated on-site meeting spaces.
“Chemspec Europe is blessed with a top-class range of highly qualified trade visitors offering a huge pool of industry knowledge and business contacts. By introducing the new Partnering Programme, we want to help attendees capitalise on this potential by offering an innovative matchmaking technology that is easy to use and extremely targeted”, explains Liljana Goszdziewski, Exhibition Director of Chemspec Europe, on behalf of the organisers, Mack Brooks Exhibitions. “The idea is to add a third level of networking in addition to the activities on the exhibition stands and around the conference sessions. The new Partnering Programme will help visitors meet people from similar industries or interests in the easiest way possible, adding true value for attendees. Visitors can save time, extend their network beyond already existing contacts, and use modern technology to make networking a less daunting task.”
The registration for the Chemspec Europe 2018 Partnering Programme will open in spring. Interested visitors can already indicate their interest to participate via the official show website www.chemspeceurope.com and will be informed when the registration opens.
Extensive conference programme and educational content
Chemspec Europe provides an extensive educational programme of lectures and conference sessions on-site. In four designated lecture theatres, industry experts will hold talks and discussion rounds on chemical supply chain knowledge, ongoing R&D projects and regulatory issues. All conferences and seminars are free to attend and will partly be organised by renowned partner organisations:
- The Chemspec Agrochemical Outlook Conference, sponsored by AGROW: A review of the market in 2017 and insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry in 2018.
- Innovative Start-ups: New Paths to Fine and Speciality Chemicals, organised by Chemspec Europe and BCNP Consultants: Keynote lecture, talks and panel discussions on the latest start-up innovations and trends.
- The Pharmaceutical Update conference organised by Chemspec Europe, including “The Pharma Outsourcing Best Practices Panel session on global outsourcing strategies” and “The Abou-Gharbia Lecture on drug discovery and the road to personalized medicine”, both held and chaired by Dr Magid Abou-Gharbia, Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research, School of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- The Regulatory Services Conference, organised by REACHReady: Covering the range of regulatory challenges facing those in the global chemical supply chain.
- The RSC Symposium, organised by the Royal Society of Chemistry: Two-day symposium on advances in the science, understanding and development of new additives to enhance product performance.
- The Chemspec Careers Clinic, organised by Chemical Search International: Chance for executives from the fine and speciality chemical sectors to discuss their career aspirations with a specialist professional search firm.
Further details on the latest programme and speakers are published on www.chemspeceurope.com
Cologne – a key location in the “chemical belt” of Germany
Chemspec Europe is held annually at different locations in Europe. For 2018, the show will occupy Hall 8 of Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.
The region around Cologne, also called the “chemical belt” of Germany, boasts large-scale chemical sites and chemical parks with a vast number of production plants where diverse chemical products are manufactured, from fuel for modern engines to highly complex active agent molecules for life science applications.
Koelnmesse can easily be reached by plane via Düsseldorf Airport or Cologne-Bonn Airport, with international and domestic flight connections. The venue is also well-connected to Cologne’s public transport system and a number of motorways.
Visitor information available in print or online
The Chemspec Europe Visitor Guide has just been published, offering compact information on the exhibition and visitor profile, the latest exhibitor list, an overview of the conference programme and key visitor information including opening hours, travel and accommodation. Visitors can order their print copy via the visitor enquiry form on www.chemspeceurope.com
The official show website is updated regularly and offers the latest exhibitor list and detailed information on the exhibition and conferences. The Chemspec Europe Newsletter, available via the show website offers its subscribers the latest news about the upcoming exhibition as well as short reports on markets, products and trends. Chemspec Europe is also on Social Media:
Mack Brooks Exhibitions Ltd
Romeland House / Romeland Hill
AL3 4ET St Albans
Telefon: +44 (1727) 814400
Telefax: +44 (1727) 814401
PR & Marketing Director
Telefon: +44 (1727) 814400
Fax: +44 (1727) 814501