The new 16BL connector system from Stäubli Electrical Connectors is designed for high power up to 630 A. The components are robust and can be used easily and safely, even under the most adverse conditions of use (IP65, IP68, and IP69 degree of protection; salt-spray resistant). The new 45° bayonet locking system as well as the crimp and reusable AxiClamp cable connections ensure a reliable connection. The color and mechanical coding allows quick, intuitive identification and connection in the field with no risk of confusion. The micro-switch integrated into the flush-mounted socket signals the user that the connection is plugged in and can also be integrated into a safety circuit for machine enabling, fulfilling IEC 61984. Besides high numbers of mating cycles (up to 5,000, depending on conditions of use), the tried and tested MULTILAM technology guarantees consistently high contact quality with constantly low contact resistance throughout the entire lifespan.
Facts & Figures:
- Extended range of use (nominal current up to 630 A, temperature range from −40 to +120°C, salt spray resistance, certified according to UL 486A-486B)
- Additional safety functions (IP2X when disconnected, color and mechanical coding, locking pin prevents unauthorized disconnection) of the 45° bayonet locking system
- Robustness and optimized operation under harsh conditions (IP65, IP68, IP69)
- AxiClamp cable connection in addition to crimp cable connection for the free connectors
- Complete portfolio of accessories for easy integration and greater durability (e.g. angle adapters for easy insertion with less force)
Visit us: Hannover Messe | Hall 17 booth C13
Stäubli is a recognized specialist for advanced contact technology and sophisticated solutions with a product portfolio ranging from miniature connectors up to high-power connectors for power transmission, test and measurement, transportation and many other industries. In Photovoltaics, Stäubli is global market leader with its MC4 connector components. The core of all Stäubli electrical connectors is the unique MULTILAM contact technology.
Stäubli is a mechatronics solutions provider with three dedicated activities: Connectors, Robotics and Textile. With a global workforce of over 4,500, the company generates annual turnover surpassing 1.1 billion Swiss francs. Originally founded in 1892 as a small workshop in Horgen/Zurich, today Stäubli is an international group headquartered in Pfäffikon, Switzerland. Worldwide, Stäubli operates twelve industrial production sites and 29 subsidiaries, expanded with a network of agents in 50 countries, delivering innovative solutions to all industrial sectors.
Stäubli Electrical Connectors AG
Telefon: +41 (61) 3065555
Telefax: +41 (61) 3065556
Product Manager Industrial Connectors