The previous investor of MEN, HQ Equita, has decided to sell MEN Mikro Elektronik with its subsidiaries in China, France, and the USA to Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) in the course of the merger. duagon Holding was already a company in the DBAG portfolio.
The integration and further development of the newly created group will be accompanied by MEN founder Manfred Schmitz. He will retain his shares in MEN and will remain available to the company as a shareholder and as a member of the Board of Directors of the superordinate new group.
With the joint expertise of MEN and duagon, new products and complete solutions are to be developed. The focus is on automatic safety systems and technological trends such as autonomous driving.
Dr. Markus Dilger, former CEO of duagon and future CEO of the Communication business unit, comments: "We are pleased with the new perspectives that the merger of MEN and duagon opens up for both companies. For duagon, these include access to MEN’s hardware expertise, for example in terms of reliability standards, and to new markets such as aerospace and medical".
Bernd Härtlein, former CEO of MEN and future CEO of the Computing business unit, adds: "We look forward to working with duagon and are confident that this merger will create a market-leading company for complete computing and communication hardware and software solutions for safety-critical markets. With duagon’s expertise, this will initially mean an even stronger focus on the rail market, but it is important to us to continue expanding MEN’s existing focus markets such as industrial automation, avionics or power & energy".
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
duagon – MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 1-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-242
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901