Authors: Alfred F. Hradil, Managing Director and Dede Bülbül, Head of Technology at Hradil Spezialkabel GmbH, Bietigheim-Bissingen
IEC 60079-14: 2014 Annex E.1 requires that a “pumping action,” in other words the entrainment of combustible gases throughout the cable, must be prevented, a requirement that most cables have thus far been unable to satisfactorily fulfil. Corresponding restricted breathing tests for cables were and are only passed in part.
The reason for this is that cables do not have a fully compact structure. Voids can occur between cores and fillers allowing combustible gases to flow in or even spread. Because of this capillary effect entrainment cannot be excluded. The risk increases where cables contain porous fillers such as non-wovens or fibrous materials exhibiting hygroscopic behaviour. While mica tape (muscovite mica or phlogopite mica), which is typically used as an insulator, provides protection against high temperatures it cannot prevent entrainment for the aforementioned reasons.
HRADIL Offshore Control Cable HB44®.
Thus the new HRADIL HB44® offshore control cables not only fulfil the traditional requirements applicable to cables used in explosion-hazard areas in terms of mechanical, chemical and thermal loads, but also in terms of zone entrainment. This means that HRADIL’s HB44® offshore control cables fully comply with IEC 60079-14, providing suppliers and manufacturers with proof of compliance with IEC 60079-14.
To achieve compliance with the RINA certificate, additionally proof of HRADIL’s HB44® cable compliance with the standards IEC 60092-350, IEC 60092-351, IEC 60092-359, IEC 60092-360, IEC 60092-376, IEC 60754-2 and IEC 61034-1/2 was also required.
All HRADIL control and signal conductors listed below have been certified according to the RINA certificate ELE019618XG from 25 January 2018.
1. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 150/250V 3×0.75 mm2
2. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 150/250V 28×0.75mm2
3. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 2×1.5mm2
4. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 3×1.5mm2
5. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 3G1.5mm2
6. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 5G1.5mm2
7. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 7G1.5mm2
8. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 13G1.5mm2
9. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 18G1.5mm2
10. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 30G1.5mm2
11. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 36G1.5mm2
12. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 16G2.5mm2
13. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 150/250V 2x2x0.75mm2
14. HRADIL HB44®C HRADIL – type no. 0.6/1KV 2x2x1.5mm2
Our customers’ individual requirements are our inspiration for continuous innovation. Hradil has been developing special cables for specific customer requirements for over 30 years. This has resulted in over 2,000 designs. We can make your wishes come true, whether you need cables with single wire or multicore, diameters from 0.08 mm² to 300 mm², according to IEC standards, for Ex-areas (IEC 60079-14), with insulation integrity (FE180), cables according to UL/CSA standards (UL/cUL Styles).
We start off with an in-depth exchange of ideas with our customers and then work together to define the job specifications. Drawing upon many years of experience in research and development, our team combine your ideas with cutting-edge technology.
Hradil Spezialkabel GmbH
Telefon: +49 (7142) 78891-0
Telefax: +49 (7142) 78891-22
Assistentin GF/ Assistent to the CEO
Telefon: +49 (7142) 78891
Fax: +49 (7142) 78891-22
Presse und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Telefon: +49 (711) 72233-664