- Intel Atom E3900 series
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 RAM with ECC
- Intel VT-x virtualization support
- Rugged COM Express Mini (VITA 59 RCE) type 10
- Trusted Platform Module
- Board Management Controller (SIL 2 certifiable)
- Conduction cooling
- -40 °C to +85 °C
The CM50C is a low-power and space-saving Rugged COM Express module that was developed around the Intel Atom E3900 series of processors. Due to the low power consumption, the virtualization support of the processor and the safe board management controller, the robust module is a multifaceted solution for individual designs in harsh environments and safety-critical applications.
Space Saving and Ultra-Rugged
The CM50C is an ultra-rugged COM Express Mini module for rolling stock, public transportation and industry applications. It is compatible to COM Express Type 10 Pin-Out and conforms to the VITA 59 standard which specifies the mechanics to ensure reliable operation in harsh environmental conditions.
Scalable Low Power Processor with Virtualization Support
Based on the Intel E3900 CPU series with a low power dissipation of 7-16 W, the CM50C provides not only a scalable performance up to 4 cores and integrated quality graphics, but also Intel VT-x virtualization support. This allows to run multiple applications on a single hardware platform, saving physical hardware and costs.
Safety, Security and Connectivity
The board management controller provides enhanced reliability, reduced downtime and is certifiable up to SIL 2. With the Trusted Platform Module and the secure/ measured booting features fast cryptographic execution is supported. The CM50C comes with a large variety of interfaces, including, e.g., Digital Display Interfaces, HD Audio, PCI Express and Gigabit Ethernet. This enables implementing many functions on a very small form factor.
Extremely Rugged and Long Term Available
In accordance with the Rugged COM Express standard, the CM50C is embedded in a solid aluminum frame that protects the electronics from environmental influences such as humidity, dust, vibrations or EMC radiation and also enables operation in the extended temperature range from -40 to +85°C via Conduction Cooling. The processor’s 15 years long-term availability ensures an extended product life and future-safety for a wide range of applications.
For less demanding applications, a standard COM Express variant without frame is also available.
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS – ISO/TS 22163 (railway), ISO 14001 (environment) and ISO 50001 (energy) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road transport) and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– UNIFE (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 3-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-175
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Marketing Communications & Event Management
Telefon: +49 (911) 99335-276
Fax: +49 (911) 99335-901