Family of robust DIN rail components consisting of:
- MC50M: Modular DIN-Rail CPU module
- ME1: Wireless DIN-Rail communication component
- MP1: DIN-Rail wide-range power supply unit
- More extension modules, like storage, to follow
DIN-Rail is a new modular concept from MEN. The system is based on robust individual components which can be combined in flexible built-to-order configurations. The DIN rail modules are suitable – thanks to medium CPU and low power dissipation – for a variety of applications in the mobile and industrial market.
lexible configuration in a modular system
The DIN rail concept is designed for flexible configuration of module combinations and is suitable for embedded IoT applications in various markets. The range of individual modules includes a CPU module, a power supply unit and various expansion modules for wireless communication and storage.
In the modular system, the data transfer between the individual modules as well as the power supply of the individual components takes place via the expansion connectors standardized by MEN. The concept specifications include housing dimensions, mounting, cooling and IP protection. In addition, expansion connectors and their pin assignments are defined.
Fast time to market with flexible expansion modules
The MC50M is the current basic module of the DIN-Rail family and is based on Intel’s Atom E3900 series with low power dissipation and scalability in power and memory.
The simple integration of ready-made expansion modules enables application-specific configurations to be created and delivered in a short time.
The expansion modules have interfaces such as MVB, CAN, binary and analog I/Os as well as the wireless functions LTE Advanced, WLAN and GNSS. A removable shuttle with one or two 2.5” SATA hard disks can expand the DIN rail system for storage-intensive applications. A wide-range power supply can be integrated if a nominal power consumption of 24 V DC to 110 V DC is required (EN 50155).
DIN rail mounting (35 mm) is standard. Wall and 19” rack mounting is possible with the aid of adaptation brackets.
Highest qualification and availability
The CPU module is qualified for use onboard rail vehicles, for wayside applications and for road vehicles (ECE R10). Long-term availability of at least 15 years from product launch minimizes life cycle management.
The components of the DIN-Rail family support the temperature range -40°C to +70°C according to the railway standard EN 50155 (class OT4, ST1) with internal conduction cooling.
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
MEN has merged with the Swiss company duagon, a leading provider of train communication components, to strengthen our expertise in safety-critical markets.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS – ISO/TS 22163 (railway), ISO 14001 (environment) and ISO 50001 (energy) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road transport) and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Fusion Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
duagon – MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 1-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901