SMAC’s VLC product line is designed and built by SMAC in the United States. Since SMAC controls the development, it can adjust the product to specific design and market/customer needs. These efficiencies result in a considerable cost-savings to the end customer.
The VLC – with its compact size and flexible shape capability – can be easily added to virtually all SMAC actuators. This is important because of the trend to combine actuators with controllers which eliminates cables and the need for space in control cabinets on machines.
- Enables direct control features with the built-in version.
- A built-in controller to the actuator eliminates connection failures.
- Same programming language as LAC1, using free programming software
- Very compact with 3 amp continuous and 6 amp peak driver (24/48 volts DC).
- Physical shape can be adjusted to fit specific space limitations. (MCA built inside versions already use this feature.)
- Expanded versions coming soon to include built-in Ethernet interfaces (EIP/ECat), expanded I/O, and adding a 2nd axis (grippers, linear/rotators control).
SMAC Moving Coil Actuators offer true “mechatronic solutions.” By that they mean their actuators have unique capabilities such as programmable and controllable position, velocity, and force, high accelerations, cycle life well over 100M, and a patent-pending “Soft-Land” capability. The Soft-Land capability is particularly useful when performing fragile part assembly, measurement, moving objects, etc. Real time feedback of these motion attributes enables proof that the work is done (i.e., direct quality feedback).
For more information, please visit www.smac-mca.com
SMAC is a leading manufacturer of precision programmable electric actuators based on moving coil technology. Our actuators are unique in that force, position, and speed are totally programmable. SMAC electric actuators are designed to perform at exceptionally high speeds or very low speeds and with sub-micron accuracy and repeatability. Patented Soft-Land™ function gives extremely accurate sensing of product location or dimensions.
This makes SMAC electric actuators ideal for a wide range of high cycle positioning, measuring, inspection, and pick and place applications, particularly where 100% verification is required. Customers desiring to increase up-time, ease of set up, and adjustment can make dramatic improvements by using mechatronic SMAC Moving Coil technology.
Ikon House, Rutherford Way
Telefon: +44 (1293) 520147
Telefax: +44 (1293) 520147
German Area Manager
Telefon: +49 (721) 760929-7575
United States Public Relations Manager
Telefon: +1 (760) 929-7575