Users can use the Han® Configurator’s new feature to design the position and number of cable entries in line with their own requirements. Even lettering applied to the housing surface can be “custom”. The Configurator ensures that interface design meets the respective technical requirements and that the components used are compatible with each other.
As soon as the configuration is completed, a digital record of the solution worked out is ready for download, and CAD data and dimensional drawings for the individual part are directly accessible. The online tool thus helps accelerate design – both for the user and for HARTING. New connectors can be manufactured and delivered faster.
“The customising feature in the Han® Configurator means we’re once again expanding the scope for tailor-made products based on the Han® portfolio. Users can use the tool to customise connector components, which means they can find the optimal solution for their problem. The tool reduces the effort required to adapt to specific requirements – and shortens the path from the drawing board to production,” says Timo Poggemöller, Team Leader Digital Product Service at HARTING Electric.
- Optimal solutions in combination with Han-Modular®;
- short delivery times for interfaces thanks to fully-automated production of the individual connector configuration;
- efficient collaboration via the myHARTING Dashboard with save/sharing capabilities;
- high flexibility in the design process now expanded to include individual placement of cable exits and laser labelling directly in the Configurator, meaning no more annoying adhesive labels to stick on;
- direct 3D download option for the interface’s data packet.
The HARTING Technology Group is one of the world’s leading providers of industrial connection technology for the three lifelines of Data, Signal and Power and has 14 production plants and 44 sales companies. Moreover, the company also produces retail checkout systems, electromagnetic actuators for automotive and industrial series use, charging equipment for electric vehicles, as well as hardware and software for customers and applications in automation technology, mechanical and plant engineering, robotics and transportation engineering. In the 2017/18 business year, some 5,000 employees generated sales of EUR 762 million.
HARTING Stiftung & Co. KG
Telefon: +49 (5772) 47-0
Telefax: +49 (5772) 47-400
Manager Media and Public Relations
Telefon: +49 (5772) 47-1744
Fax: +49 (5772) 47-400
General Manager Communication and Public Relations
Telefon: +49 (5772) 47-244
Fax: +49 (5772) 47-400