acontis technologies has released the new version 7.1 of its leading LxWin real-time extension. LxWin 7.1 now support 64 Bit real-time Linux in addition to 32 Bit.
This enables customer to shift their real-time applications to the next level.
Increased performance on integer as well as floating point operations will increase overall performance as well as minimize application jitter.
Additional benefits are enhanced security as the 64 bit Linux kernel is more actively maintained compared to the 32 bit version.
Using 64 Bit Linux, in the future, it will be possible to simply utilize memory above the 4 GByte limit without the need to adjust the application as it would be necessary for 32 Bit real-time solutions.
Besides this major feature update, the new LxWin 7.1 version also includes a variety of other enhancements:
- Support Linux kernel version 4.9.240
- Full Support for Windows 10 2004 and Windows 10 20H2
- The WIBU Codemeter runtime was updated to version 7.10a
- The hypervisor timestamp driver default source now is using the TSC for better performance results
- More CPUs (though not officially listed by Intel) will now benefit from Cache Allocation Technology (CAT) and Memory Bandwith Allocation (MBA)
- Support of CAT CDP (Code and Data Priorization). Using CDP it is possible to configure Code and Data Cache separately. This may be useful to avoid critical code to be pushed out of the Cache in case big data areas are accessed.
- The Windows/Linux communication library now supports .NET Core
Acontis technologies, based in Ravensburg Germany, was founded in 2001 by the todays managers Christoph Widmann and Stefan Zintgraf.
As a leading provider for EtherCAT® software and Windows® Real-time solutions acontis serves customers in the sectors machine builders, medical technology, automation, semiconductors and robotics.
In the future, expansion in the EtherCAT and real-time businesses are plant as well as new investments in the area of Time Sensitive Networking and OPC UA.
Our company is known for high quality products "Made in Germany". The product portfolio is supplemented by professional Training-, Support- and Software Services.
acontis technologies GmbH
Telefon: +49 (751) 5603030
Telefax: +49 (751) 5603031
Telefon: +49 (751) 56030-33