- Widespread Mineralization: All 54 holes were mineralized from top to bottom with an average thickness of 2.9 m and average grade of 72 g/t AgEq* (44 g/t Ag and 0.28 g/t Au). The thickest section of tailings was in BH19-1 where 6.35 m returned 75 g/t AgEq* (49 g/t Ag and 0.27 g/t Au). The thinnest section of tailings was in BH20-21 where 0.10 m returned 74 g/t AgEq* (50 g/t Ag and 0.24 g/t Au).
- Extensive Historic Production: The tailings are the by-product of historic mine and mill production from underground operations in the Belmont Mine, which was a premier producer in the Tonopah mining district and is currently an integral target of Summa’s exploration efforts.
- Large Area and Simple Access: The tailings are situated on patented mining claims and cover an area of approximately 1,200 m by 280 m (84 acres), located immediately adjacent to US Highway 6 (see attached figure).
- Evaluation is On-Going: The Company is initiating both density and bench-scale metallurgical testing with results expected later this year.
- Core Drilling Continues: The previously announced 10,000 m drill program is well underway 6 holes completed. Two core rigs are now fully operational on the project. All holes have intersected zones of quartz veins, stockworks and breccias featuring visible silver-sulfosalt minerals, which is often a strong indication that the core is mineralized. Upon receipt of assays, the results will be compiled and announced in a timely manner.
*AgEq based on 100 (Ag):1 (Au)
Galen McNamara, CEO, stated: “The historic Belmont Mine tailings were the original focus of Howard Hughes and his Summa Corporation when he owned the property in the 1970’s, and for good reason. The tailings cover a large area and are extensively mineralized. Although work from the 1970’s can’t be utilized in any modern assessment of reprocessing potential, the historical work gives us a great road map of what to expect from modern study. In the coming months, and in parallel to our extensive drill programs, we will be working on assessing key metallurgical and permitting questions with respect to the tailings.”
Auger-Hole Program Description
Holes were auger-drilled by hand at a vertical orientation and at approximate spacings of 50 to 90 m between holes. Samples were collected at systematic intervals which ranged from 0.25 to 1 m. Each hole was sampled from top to bottom. Holes were terminated at the bottom of the tailings pile as indicated by the presence of ground soil or bedrock.
Analytical and QA/QC Procedures
Samples were sent to ALS Global Ltd. (ALS) in Reno, NV for preparation and then to North Vancouver, Canada for analysis. ALS meets all requirements of International Standards ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO 9001:2015 for analytical procedures. Samples were analyzed for gold via a 30 gram fire assay with an AAS (Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy) finish (AU-AA23). Silver was analyzed via ICP-AES (Inductively Coupled Plasma – Atomic Emission Spectroscopy) after a four-acid digestion (ASY-4A01 followed by ME-OG62). In addition to ALS quality assurance / quality control protocols, Summa Silver implements an internal QA/QC program that includes the insertion of sample blanks, duplicates and certified reference materials at systematic and random points in the sample stream.
The technical content of this news release has been reviewed and approved by Galen McNamara, P. Geo., the CEO of the Company and a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
About Summa Silver Corp
Summa Silver Corp is a Canadian junior mineral exploration company. The Company has options to earn 100% interests in the Hughes property located in central Nevada and the Mogollon property located in southwestern New Mexico. The Hughes property is host to the high-grade past-producing Belmont Mine, one of the most prolific silver producers in the United States between 1903 and 1929. The mine has remained inactive since commercial production ceased in 1929 due to heavily depressed metal prices and little to no modern exploration work has ever been completed.
Follow Summa Silver on Twitter: @summasilver
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Cautionary note regarding forward-looking statements
This news release contains certain “forward looking statements” and certain “forward-looking information” as defined under applicable Canadian and U.S. securities laws. Forward-looking statements and information can generally be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “expect”, “intend”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “continue”, “plans” or similar terminology. The forward-looking information contained herein is provided for the purpose of assisting readers in understanding management’s current expectations and plans relating to the future. These forward‐looking statements or information relate to, among other things: expectations regarding results of metallurgical testing, mobilization of drill rigs, the release of assays, and the exploration and development of the Company’s mineral exploration projects.
Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual actions, events or results to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information, including but not limited to: the requirement for regulatory approvals; enhanced uncertainty in global financial markets as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic; unquantifiable risks related to government actions and interventions; stock market volatility; regulatory restrictions; and other related risks and uncertainties.
Forward-looking information are based on management of the parties’ reasonable assumptions, estimates, expectations, analyses and opinions, which are based on such management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, and other factors that management believes are relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, but which may prove to be incorrect.
The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking information except as required by applicable law. Such forward-looking information represents management’s best judgment based on information currently available. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed and actual future results may vary materially. Accordingly, readers are advised not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements or information.
Swiss Resource Capital AG
Telefon: +41 (71) 354-8501
Telefax: +41 (71) 560-4271
Swiss Resource Capital AG
Telefon: +1 (604) 684-6730
Chief Executive Officer