- The organizer NETWAYS Event Services announces the schedule for the conference stackconf online.
- The open source infrastructure event focuses on topics in the fields of hybrid cloud technologies, containers, and agile methods and continuous integration.
- stackconf online takes place June 16 to 18, 2020.
The complete agenda for stackconf 2020 is now available. At the beginning of April the organizers had announced that this year’s stackconf will take place as an online event. The lectures will be shown in a single track over three days, 16 – 18 June 2020. The program focuses mainly on the topics hybrid cloud environments, containers and agile methods & continuous integration.
Hybrid cloud environments
Hybrid cloud environments were never easy and mostly just an idea. With Kubernetes though it is easy to deploy infrastructure on premise and to a cloud provider. These stackconf lectures give insights into building and operating hybrid cloud environments:
- Joerg Schad (ArangoDB): Challenges in Building Multi-Cloud-Provider Platform with Managed Kubernetes
- Kendall Nelson (The OpenStack Foundation): OpenStack:K8s::Peanutbutter:Jelly
- Michael Coté: The blinking cursor or Kubernetes for people who aren’t supposed to use it
Increased portability makes containers so powerful. Containers can also prevent a vendor lock-in. Applications running in containers can be deployed easily to multiple different operating systems and hardware platforms. These stackconf talks focus on containers:
- Pranav Parikh (Walmart Labs): Scalable testing infrastructure with Kubernetes and Concord
- Denis Rosa (Couchbase): Databases on Kubernetes: Why you should care
- Jose Ortega: SecDevOps containers
Agile methods & continuous integration
Good IT is not possible with just the right tool. Clear communication and processes are equally important. What is described with terms like DevOps, agile, or else can be broken down to communication and transparency. Agile methods and continuous integration are key aspects in these talks at stackconf:
- Martin Hinshelwood (naked Agility): Agile Evolution: An Enterprise transformation that shows that you can too
- Sri Rangan (GitLab): Secure & Compliant GitOps Transformations
- Rain Leander (Packet): Leveraging Procedural Knowledge: From Riding a Bike to Bare Metal Automation
The full program can be found at stackconf.eu/schedule.
Procedure of the online event: stream, chats, community
The presentations will be streamed within a fixed schedule. During their talks the speakers will be present in a live chat and ready to answer questions. A moderator will guide the attendees through the event. Attendees can chat with the experts, take part in open discussions in the "hallway channel" and different topic-related channels, and meet fellow infrastructure experts in private channels.
During the breaks moderated discussions will take place. There will be additional room for networking and informal get-together during the community evening on the second conference day, Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
stackconf online takes place June 16 – 18, 2020.
Tickets and more information at stackconf.eu.
stackconf focuses on open source infrastructure solutions within a broad spectrum of agile methods, continuous integration, container, hybrid and cloud technologies. Bridging the gap between development, testing and operations is one of the fundamental paradigms in modern IT. stackconf covers this concept from multiple perspectives.
Technology stack insights from well-known experts and top-level discussions are as crucial to the event as meeting like-minded people in an inspiring but relaxed atmosphere. As one of the leading open source infrastructure events in Europe the conference attracts more than 150 visitors per year.
More at stackconf.eu.
Telefon: +49 (911) 92885-0
Telefax: +49 (911) 92885-77
Telefon: +49 (911) 92885-0